Boris Ortega Moreno, PhD(c), MSc, BA
Grad Research Assistantship, Faculty of Arts - Economics Dept
Area of Study / Keywords
Applied Microeconomics Energy Economics Regulation
- I am a PhD(c) in Economics, currently in the final year of the program with a focus on energy and environmental studies. I hold a Master's degree from the University of Amsterdam, and a BA from the University of Chile.
- "The Effects of Hydroelectric Projects on Local Communities: The Case of Chile” (Job Market Paper)
- “The Unequal Distribution of Residential Solar PV Adoption” (with Enrique Chueca, Mariana Weiss, Rogelio Celaya, Pauline Ravillard, Mauricio T. Tolmasquim, and Michelle Hallack), Under Review
- "Renewable Energy and Compensation Policies in Electricity Markets with Imperfect Competition" (with Andrew Eckert and David Brown)
Work in Progress
- “Macroeconomic Effects of Hosting the FIFA World Cup: The South Africa Case” (with Xingfei Liu)
- "The Effects of Renewable Compensation Policies on Conventional Energy Investment”
ECON-281, Intermediate Microeconomics, Winter 2022.