- BSc (Alberta)
- Diploma (Von Kármán Institute)
- MSc (Laval)
- PhD (Queen's)
My research interests are in fluid dynamics, mixing and turbulence, multiphase flow and atomization and renewable energy.
- Improving the atomization performance of nozzles in two phase flow for oilsands cokers and diesel injectors.
- Mixing of impinging and counterflow jets in crossflows to simulate hazardous atmospheric releases.
- Study of droplet entrainment and drag reduction in thin sheared liquid layers.
- Practical evaluation of residential wind turbines in Alberta.
- Experimental study of the performance of residential buildings utilizing potable water as a hydronic medium", R Prybysh, B Fleck, M Al-Hussein, S Flemming Journal of Building Engineering 16, 220-227, 2018.
- Drag Reduction Using Polysaccharides in a Taylor–Couette Flow", P Bhambri, R Narain, B Fleck. Polymers 9 (12), 683, 2017.
- Bubble formation regimes during gas injection into a liquid cross flow in a conduit", MA Balzán, RS Sanders, BA Fleck, The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering 95 (2), 372-385, 2017.
- Experimental measurement of the velocity field of round wall jet in counterflow", M Mahmoudi, BA Fleck. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering 143 (1), 04016076, 2016.
- A stochastic power curve for wind turbines with reduced variability using conditional copula", G Bai, B Fleck, MJ Zuo Wind Energy 19 (8), 1519-1534, 2016.
- A novel approach toward fabrication of high performance thin film composite polyamide membranes", B Khorshidi, T Thundat, BA Fleck, M Sadrzadeh, Scientific reports 6, 22069, 2016.
- Unsteadiness of the internal flow in an effervescent atomizer nozzle", M Hong, BA Fleck, DS Nobes, Experiments in fluids 55 (12), 1855, 2014.