Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering Dept
Donadeo Innovation Centre For Engineering
9211-116 StEdmonton ABT6G 2H5
Area of Study / Keywords
Website: https://sites.google.com/view/ehsan-hashemi-uwaterloo Mechanical Systems Biomechanics And Biomedical Engineering Human Mechanical Systems Mechatronics Automation And Robotics Control Theory Dynamical Systems Control Systems Robotics Cooperative Autonomous Systems Intelligent Transportation
Education and Positions:
- Research Assistant Professor, University of Waterloo (2018-2020)
- Visiting Professor, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Electrical Eng. & Computer Science (Jan.-Sep. 2019)
- Visiting Professor, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Aug.-Oct. 2020)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Waterloo (2017-2018)
- PhD, Mechanical & Mechatronics Eng., University of Waterloo (2017)
- MSc, Mechanical Engineering, AmirKabir University of Technology (2005)
- Control theory
- Distributed estimation and control
- SLAM and navigation
- Cooperative autonomous systems
- Human-autonomy coordination
- Automated driving safety
Positions available for a collaborative research with Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Karlsruhe, Germany) and KTH Royal Institute of Technology (Stockholm, Sweden) on cooperative autonomous systems, SLAM, and distributed control. Motivated graduate students and Postdocs with background in machine learning, controls, system identification, and mobile robot navigation are encouraged to contact ehashemi [at] ualberta [dot] ca.
- E. Hashemi, X. He, and K. H. Johansson, "A Dynamical Game Approach for Integrated Stabilization and Path Tracking for Autonomous Vehicles," American Control Conference, Denver, CO, 2020.
- Y. Qin, E. Hashemi, and A. Khajepour “Integrated Crash Avoidance and Mitigation Algorithm for Autonomous Vehicles,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2021, (to appear).
- M. Floren, E. Hashemi, and A. Khajepour, "An Integrated Control Approach for the Combined Longitudinal and Lateral Vehicle Following Problem", American Control Conference, New Orleans, LA, 2021, (to appear).
- X. He, E. Hashemi, and K. H. Johansson, "Event-Triggered Task-Switching Control Based on Distributed Estimation", IFAC World Congress, 2020.
- M. H Mamduhi, E. Hashemi, J. S. Baras, and K. H. Johansson, "Event-triggered Add-on Safety for Connected and Automated Vehicles Using Road-side Network Infrastructure", IFAC World Congress, 2020.
- E. Mohammadbagher, N. P. Bhatt, E. Hashemi, B. Fidan, and A. Khajepour, "Real-time Pedestrian Localization and State Estimation Using Moving Horizon Estimation", IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2020.
- E. Hashemi, M. Jalali, A. Khajepour, A. Kasaiezadeh, and S-K. Chen “Vehicle Stability Control: Model Predictive Approach and Combined-Slip Effect,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 2020.
- Y. Liao, E. Hashemi, T. Wang, and B. Yang, "A Learning-Aided Generic Framework for Fault Detection and Recovery of Inertial Sensors in Automated Driving Systems," IEEE Systems Journal, 2020.
- P. E. Pare, E. Hashemi, R. Stern, H. Sandberg, and K. H. Johansson, “Networked Model for Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control," IFAC NecSys Workshop, Chicago, 2019.
- E. Hashemi, M. Pirani, A. Khajepour, B. Fidan, S.K. Chen, and B. Litkouhi “Fault-Tolerant Consensus for Vehicle State Estimation: A Cyber-physical Approach,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2019.
- E. Hashemi, M. Pirani, A. Khajepour, B. Fidan, A. Kasaiezadeh, and S-K. Chen, “Opinion Dynamics Based Vehicle Velocity Estimation and Diagnosis,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2017.
- E. Hashemi, M. Pirani, A. Khajepour, A. Kasaiezadeh, S-K. Chen, and B. Litkouhi, “Corner-Based Estimation of Tire Forces and Vehicle Velocities Robust to Road Conditions,” Control Engineering Practice, 61: 28-40, 2017.
- M. Jalali E. Hashemi, A. Khajepour, S-K. Chen, and B. Litkouhi, “A Combined-Slip Predictive Control of Vehicle Stability with Experimental Verification,” Vehicle System Dynamics, 1-22, 2017.
- M. Pirani, E. Hashemi, J. W. Simpson-Porco, B. Fidan, and A. Khajepour, “A Graph Theoretic Approach to the Robustness of k-Nearest Neighbor Vehicle Platoons,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2017.
- E. Hashemi, A. Khajepour, “Kinematic and Three-Dimensional Dynamic Modeling of a Biped Robot,” Journal of Multi-body Dynamics, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part K, 231(1): 57-73, 2017.