Area of Study / Keywords
Energy And Environment
Dr. Li has expertise in bridging the fundamental understanding of the electrochemical/eletrocatalytic behaviors of novel materials at the molecular level and the fabrication of energy devices towards practical applications.
Li lab's research mainly focuses on the rational design and development of advanced nanostructured materials for clean energy conversion and storage technologies, including various types of rechargeable batteries, fuel cells, supercapacitors, and electrocatalysis-based systems.
- Design and Development of Nanoarchitectured Materials, including porous materials, carbonaceous material, polymers, transition metal oxide and composite material, etc.
- Development of Next-Generation Energy Storage and Conversion Systems, including lithium-ion batteries, lithium-sulfur batteries, multivalent ion batteries, metal-air batteries, flow batteries, fuel cells and GHG reduction and conversion, etc.
- Large-scale Fabrication Technology, including fabrication of pouch cells and fuel cells, etc.
- Ge Li, Xiaolei Wang, Min Ho Seo, Matthew Li, Yifei Yuan, Lu Ma, Tianpin Wu, Aiping Yu, Shun Wang*, Jun Lu* and Zhongwei Chen*, Chemisorption of Lithium Polysulfides through Redox Reactions with Organic Molecules for Lithium-Sulfur Batteries. Nature Communications, 2018, 9, 705.
- Ge Li, Dan Luo, Xiaolei Wang, Aiping Yu, Zhongwei Chen*, Enhanced Reversible Sodium-ion Intercalation by Synergistic Coupling of Few-layered MoS 2 and S-doped Graphene. Advanced Functional Materials, 2017, 27(40), 1702562.
- Ge Li, Xiaolei Wang, Min Ho Seo, Aiping Yu, Zhongwei Chen*, Biomimetic Design of Ultralong Single-Crystal Nanowire-Based Bifunctional Electrode for Efficient Overall Water Splitting. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2017, 5, 10895-10901.
- Ge Li, Xiaolei Wang, Yining Zhang, Zhongwei Chen*, Pomegranate-Inspired Rational Design of Highly Active and Durable Bifunctional Electrocatalysts for Rechargeable Metal-Air Batteries. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2016, 55(16), 4977-4982. (VIP paper)
- Xiaolei Wang † , Ge Li † , Jingde Li, Yining Zhang, Wook Ahn, Aiping Yu, Zhongwei Chen*, Structural and Chemical Synergistic Encapsulation of Polysulfides Enables Ultralong-Life Lithium-Sulfur Batteries. Energy and Environmental Science, 2016, 9, 2533-2538. (Inside back cover)
- Xiaolei Wang † , Ge Li † , Min Ho Seo, Fathy M. Hassan, Md Ariful Hoque, Zhongwei Chen*, Sulfur Atoms Bridging Few-layered MoS 2 with S-doped Graphene Enables Highly Robust Anode for Lithium-ion Batteries. Advanced Energy Materials, 2015, 5(23), 1501106. (co-first author)
- Ge Li, Xiaolei Wang, Fathy M. Hassan, Matthew Li, Rasim Batmaz, Xingcheng Xiao, Aiping Yu*, Vanadium Pentoxide Nanorods Anchored to and Wrapped with Graphene Nanosheets for High-Performance Asymmetric Supercapacitors. ChemElectroChem, 2015, 2(9), 1264-1269.
- Ge Li, Xiaolei Wang*, Xueming Ma, Nb 2 O 5 -Carbon Core-Shell Nanocomposite as Anode Material for Lithium Ion Battery. Journal of Energy Chemistry, 2013, 22(3), 357-362.
- Ge Li, Xiaolei Wang*, Xueming Ma*, Tetragonal VNb 9 O 24.9 -based Nanorods: A Novel Form of Lithium Battery Anode with Superior Cyclability. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2013, 1, 12409-12412.
- Ge Li, Xiaolei Wang, Zheng Chen, Xueming Ma*, Yunfeng Lu*, Characterization of Niobium and Vanadium Oxide Nanocomposites with Improved Rate Performance and Cycling Stability. Electrochimica Acta, 2013, 102, 351-357.
- Sahar Hemmati, Ge Li, Xiaolei Wang, Yuanli Ding, Yu Pei, Aiping Yu, Zhongwei Chen*, 3D N-doped hybrid architectures assembled from 0D T-Nb2O5 embedded in carbon microtubes toward high-rate Li-ion capacitors. Nano Energy, 2019, 56, 118-126.
- Xiaolei Wang, Ge Li, Min Ho Seo, Gregory Lui, Fathy Hassan, Kun Feng, Xingcheng Xiao*, Zhongwei Chen*, Carbon-Coated Silicon Nanowires on Carbon Fabric as Self-Supported Electrodes for Flexible Lithium-Ion Batteries. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2017, 9(11), 9551-9558.
- Gregory Lui, Ge Li, Xiaolei Wang, Aiping Yu, Zhongwei Chen*, Flexible, 3D Ordered Macroporous TiO 2 Electrode with Enhanced Electrode-Electrolyte Interaction in High-Power Li-Ion Batteries. Nano Energy, 2016, 24, 72-77.
- Xingye Fan, Xiaolei Wang, Ge Li, Aiping Yu, Zhongwei Chen*, High-Performance Flexible Electrodes Based on Electrodeposited Polypyrrole/MnO 2 on Carbon Cloth for Low-Cost Supercapacitors. Journal of Power Sources, 2016, 326, 357-364.
- Ricky Tjandra, Ge Li, Xiaolei Wang, Ji Yan, Matthew Li, Aiping Yu*, Flexible High-Performance Lithium-Ion Battery Electrodes based on Free-Standing TiO 2 Nanocrystals/Carbon Cloth Composites. RSC Advances, accepted, 2016.
- Xiaolei Wang, Ge Li, Fathy M. Hassan, Jingde Li, Xingye Fan, Rasim Batmaz, Xingcheng Xiao, Zhongwei Chen*, Sulfur Covalently Bonded Graphene with Large Capacity and High Rate for High-Performance Sodium-ion Batteries Anodes. Nano Energy, 2015, 15, 746-754.