- Assistant Professor (2010): University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Associate Member (2010): Canadian Institute for Advanced Research.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow (2008-2010): University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, with Prof. Mark R. Freeman.
- Ph.D. in Physics (2008): Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, with Prof. William P. Halperin.
- Master’s in Physics (2003): Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, with Prof. William P. Halperin.
- Bachelor’s in Physics with Honors (2001): Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, with Prof. Kenneth F. Kelton.
I have a strong interest in nanomechanics as a universal measurement platform, as well as superfluidity and superconductivity, in particular superfluid 3He at ultra-low temperatures. My lab is working on superfluids in nanoscale geometries, nanoscale superconductivity, the quantum properties of nanomechanical resonators, nanomechanical measurements of molecules, and much more.
Temperature: heat, work, and the first law of thermodynamics; entropy and the second law, enthalpy, Helmholtz and Gibbs free energy; thermodynamic equilibrium criteria; Maxwell's relations, phase transitions; elementary kinetic theory of gases. Prerequisites: one of PHYS 124, PHYS 144, or EN PH 131, and one of PHYS 126, PHYS 146, or PHYS 130. Pre- or corequisite: MATH 209 or 215 or 317 or equivalent.Fall Term 2020