Area of Study / Keywords
Biomechanics And Biomedical Engineering
Human Mechanical Systems
- 2018 – Postdoctoral Fellowship, Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta
- 2016 – Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta
- 2011 – M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, University of Calgary
- 2007 – B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, University of Calgary
Dr. Westover joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering in 2018. Her research focus is in biomechanics and biomedical engineering. Dr. Westover’s research includes laboratory experimental work, computational modeling, and in vivo experimental work.
- Noninvasive assessment of the integrity of biological structures
- Vibration analysis for evaluation of osseointegration of percutaneous implants
- Joint biomechanics including evaluation of ligaments and cartilage
- Asymmetry analysis for evaluation of spinal deformity
- Mechanical testing of biological tissues
- Numerical analysis and computational modeling of biological systsems
- M. Salem, L. Westover, S. Adeeb, K. Duke. 2020. Prediction of Failure in Cancellous Bone using XFEM. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine (In Press).
- T. Liu, N. Jomha, S. Adeeb, M. El-Rich, L. Westover. 2020. Investigation of the average shape and principal variations of the human talus bone: an automatic groupwise registration. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology (In Press).
- M. Salem, L. Westover, S. Adeeb, K. Duke. 2020. An equivalent constitutive model of cancellous bone with fracture prediction. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering (In Press).
- J. Bowes, N. Mohamed, J. Jn Baptiste, L. Westover, C. Hui, M. Sommerfeldt. 2020. A biomechanical comparison of graft preparation techniques for All-Inside ACL reconstruction. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine (In Press)
- M. Ead, L. Westover, S. Polege, S. McClelland, J. Jaremko, K.K. Duke. 2020. Virtual reconstruction of unilateral pelvic fractures by using pelvic symmetry. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery https://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-020-02140-z
- L. Westover, A.V. Ostevik, D. Aalto, J. Cummine, W.E. Hodgetts. 2019. Evaluation of word recognition and word recall with bone conduction devices: Do directional microphones free up cognitive resources? International Journal of Audiology https://doi.org/10.1080/14992027.2019.1708983
- M.S. Ead, K. Duke, J. Jaremko, L. Westover. 2020. Investigation of pelvic symmetry using CAD software. Medical & Biological Engineering and Computing 58: 75-82.
- M.M.E. Baclig, L. Westover, S. Adeeb. 2019. Categorizing three-dimensional symmetry using reflection, rotoinversion, and translation symmetry. Symmetry 11(9): 1132-(1-16).
- A.V. Ostevik, L. Westover, H. Gynane, J. Herst, J. Cummine, W.E. Hodgetts. 2019. Comparison of health insurance coverage for hearing aids and other services in Alberta. Healthcare Policy 15(2): 72-82.
- J. Craig, A.V. Ostevik, L. Westover, B. Hodgetts, J. Cummine. 2019. To go or not to go: Exploring brain activation during response inhibition reading tasks. Spectrum 3 https://://doi.org/10.29173/spectrum52.
- M. Ghaneei, R. Ekyalimpa, L. Westover, E.C. Parent, S. Adeeb. 2019. Customized k-Nearest Neighbourhood Analysis in the Management of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis using 3D Markerless Asymmetry Analysis. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering 22(7): 696-705.
- L. Westover, G. Faulkner, C. Flores-Mir, W. Hodgetts, D. Raboud. 2019. Non-invasive Evaluation of Periodontal Ligament Stiffness During Orthodontic Tooth Movement. Angle Orthodontist 89(2): 228-234.
- L. Westover, G. Faulkner, W. Hodgetts, F. Kamal, E. Lou, D. Raboud. 2018. Longitudinal Evaluation of Bone Anchored Hearing Aid Implant Stability Using the Advanced System for Implant Stability Testing (ASIST). Otology & Neurotology 39(6): e489-e495.
- B. Hodgetts, D. Scott, P. Maas, L. Westover. 2018. Development of a Novel Bone Conduction Verification Tool using a Surface Microphone: Validation with Percutaneous Bone Conduction Users. Ear and Hearing 39(6): 1157-1164. (Nominated for Ear and Hearing 2018 Editor's Award).
- L. Westover, G. Faulkner, C. Flores-Mir, W. Hodgetts, D. Raboud. 2018. Application of the Advanced System for Implant Stability Testing (ASIST) to Natural Teeth for Noninvasive Evaluation of the Tooth Root Interface. Journal of Biomechanics 69: 129-137.
- L. Westover, G. Faulkner, W. Hodgetts, D. Raboud. 2018. Comparison of implant stability measurement devices for bone anchored hearing aid systems. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry 119(1): 178-184.
- A. Hong, N. Jaswal, L. Westover, E.C. Parent, M. Moreau, D. Hedden, S. Adeeb. 2017. Surface topography classification trees for assessing severity and monitoring progression in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS). Spine 42(13): E781-E787.
- L. Westover, G. Faulkner, W. Hodgetts, D. Raboud. 2016. Advanced System for Implant Stability Testing (ASIST). Journal of Biomechanics 49(15): 3651-3659.
- J.C. Küpper, L. Westover, R. Frayne, J.L. Ronsky. 2016. Application of a novel measure of in-vivo knee joint laxity. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 138(10): 104501.
- L. Westover, N. Sinaei, J.C. Küpper, J.L. Ronsky. 2016. Quantifying in vivo laxity in the anterior cruciate ligament and individual knee joint structures. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering 19(14): 1567-1577.
- E. Chalmers, L. Westover, J. Jacob, A. Donauer, V. Zhao, E.C. Parent, M.J. Moreau, J.K. Mahood, D.M. Hedden, E.H.M. Lou. 2015. Predicting success or failure of brace treatment for adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis. Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing 53(10): 1001-1009.
- A. Komeili, L. Westover, E.C. Parent, M. El-Rich, S. Adeeb. 2015. Correlation between a Novel Surface Topography Asymmetry Analysis and Radiographic Data in Scoliosis. Spine Deformity 3(4): 303-311.
- A. Komeili, L. Westover, E.C. Parent, M. El-Rich, S. Adeeb. 2015. Monitoring for Idiopathic Scoliosis Curve Progression Using Surface Topography Asymmetry Analysis of the Torso in Adolescents. The Spine Journal 15(4): 743-751.
- A. Trovato, A. Komeili, L. Westover, E. Parent, M. Moreau, S. Adeeb. 2014. Examination of the breast asymmetry associated with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis using surface topography methods. Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering 34(6): 612-617.
- A. Komeili, L. Westover, E.C. Parent, M. Moreau, M. El-Rich, S. Adeeb. 2014. Surface topography asymmetry maps categorizing external deformity in scoliosis. The Spine Journal 14(6): 973-983.
- L. Westover, J. Olearczyk, U. Hermann, S. Adeeb, Y. Mohamed. 2014. Analysis of Rigging Assembly for Lifting Heavy Industrial Modules. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering 41(6): 512-522.
- L.M. Westover, S.M Adeeb. 2010. Cubic Spline Meshless Method for Numerical Analysis of the Two-Dimensional Navier-Stokes Equations. International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, Series B 1(2): 172 – 196.
- K.D. Connolly, J.L. Ronsky, L.M. Westover, J.C. Küpper, R. Frayne. 2009. Differences in patellofemoral contact mechanics associated with patellofemoral pain syndrome. Journal of Biomechanics 42(16):2802-2807.
- K.D. Connolly, J.L. Ronsky, L.M. Westover, J.C. Küpper, R. Frayne. 2009. Analysis techniques for congruence of the patellofemoral joint. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 131(12):124503 – 1-7.
- MEC E 451 - Vibrations and Sound
- MEC E 390 - Numerical Methods for Mechanical Engineers
- MEC E 200 - Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
Contributor of Engineering at Alberta Online Course Content: https://engcourses-uofa.ca/