Economic Development, Forest Economics, Natural Resource Economics
Dr. Luckert is a participant in the Land Reclamation International Graduate School (LRIGS) program sponsored by NSERC CREATE.
- 2012-2016. 300,000 "Climate Change Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) and University of Alberta Research Collaboration". Funded by CCAFS. With B. Swallow.
- 2012-2014. $47,040. “Aligning policies among adjoining jurisdictions in Alberta:Case studies within the Yellowhead ecosystem”. Funded by the Foothills Research Institute. With J. Parkins and V. Adamowicz.
- 2011-2014. $10,000,000 ($600,000 for social science research at the University of Alberta). “POPCAN: Genetic improvement of poplar trees as a Canadian bioenergy feedstock”. Funded by Genome Canada and a variety of other organizations including Genome Alberta. With C. Douglas and S. Mansfield (main project). With Henry An, Glen Armstrong, Peter Boxall, Scott Jeffrey, Jim Unterschultz, and Denys Yemshanov (social science project).
- 2010-2011. $49,000 “Forest Plantations in Alberta: Prospects for Bio-energy”. Funded by the Canadian School for Energy and the Environment. With J. Unterschultz and B. Thomas.
- 2010-2014. $600,000 “Vulnerability, coping and adaptation within the context of climate change and HIV/AIDS in South Africa: Investigating strategies and practices to strengthen livelihoods and food security, improve health, and build resilience” Funded by IDRC. With C. Shackleton, S. Shackleton, S. Mohapatra, J. Parkins, and B. Swallow.
Analysis of forest resource policy formation and evaluation. Review of selected policies and programs provincially, nationally, and internationally. Analysis of current policy issues. Prerequisite: AREC 200, AREC 365, ECON 269, ECON 365, or FOREC 345. (Offered jointly by the Departments of Renewable Resources and Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology (REES).) [REES]
Analysis of forest resource policy formation and evaluation. Review of selected policies and programs provincially, nationally, and internationally. Analysis of current policy issues. Not to be taken if credit received for FOREC 473. Prerequisite: AREC 200, AREC 365, ECON 269, ECON 365, or FOREC 345, or consent of instructor. (Offered jointly by the Departments of Renewable Resources and Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology (REES).) [REES]
Denys Yemshanov, Geoffrey R McCarney, Grant Hauer, Marty K Luckert, Jim Unterschultz, Daniel W McKenney
Forest Policy and Economics. 2015 January; 50
Cunningham, T, Campbell, B. and M. Luckert (eds.)
Economic Botany. 2014 January; 17
Luckert, M.K., N. Nemarundwe, L. Gibbs, I. Grundy, G. Hauer, D. Maruzane, S. Shackleton, and J. Sithole
Economic Botany. 2014 January; (17):255-270
Luckert, M. K.
Handbook of Forest Resource Economics. 2014 January; (Chapter 25):389-402
Mohapatra, S. and M.K. Luckert
International Journal of Educational Development. 2014 January; 36 (May):22-32
Biofuels and Carbon Management. 2014 January; 5 (3):211-218
Jagger, P., Luckert, M.K., Duchelle, A., Lund, J.F., and W.D. Sunderlin
World Development. 2014 January; 64 (Supplement 1):S43-S55
Feulefack, J., Luckert, M.K., Mohapatra, S., Cash, S., Alibhai, A., and Kipp, W.
PLoS ONE. 2013 January; 8 (6):e65625
Shackleton, S., Marty Luckert, Georgina Cundill, Leigh Cobban, Caryn Clarke, Ross Shackleton and Patrick Ndlovu
Proceedings of Transformation in a Changing climate. 2013 January;
Kruger, C., Boxall, P.C. and M.K. Luckert
Forest Policy and Economics. 2013 January; 26
Jagger, P. Luckert, M.K., Banana, A., and J. Bahati
World Development.. 2012 January; 40 (9):1810-1823
Mohapatra, S and M.K. Luckert
International Journal of Education Development. 2012 January; 32
Anderson, J.A, Armstrong, G.W., Luckert, M.K., and Adamowicz, W.L.
Mathematical and Computational Forestry & Natural-Resource Sciences.. 2012 January; 4 (2):92-104
Arnot, C. Luckert, M.K. and P. Boxall
Land Economics. 2011 January; 87 (2):297-311
Wunder, S., Luckert, M., and Smith-Olsen, C.
Measuring Livelihoods and Environmental Dependence: Methods for Research and Fieldwork. 2011 January; (Chapter 8):127-145
M.K., D. Haley, and G. Hoberg
UBC Press: Vancouver. 2011 January;
Friis Lund, J., Shackleton S. and M. Luckert
Measuring Livelihoods and Environmental Dependence: Methods for Research and Fieldwork. 2011 January; (Chapter 11):175-189
Williamson, T. Luckert, M.K. and G. Hauer
Environment Modeling for Sustainable Regional Development: System Approaches and Advanced Methods. 2011 January; Chapter 15
Shively, G. and M. Luckert
Measuring Livelihoods and Environmental Dependence: Methods for Research and Fieldwork. 2011 January; (Chapter 13):209-226