Milad Nazarahari, PhD, EIT
Pronouns: he, him, his
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering Dept
10-367 Donadeo Innovation Centre For Engineering
9211-116 StEdmonton ABT6G 2H5
Area of Study / Keywords
Biomechanics And Biomedical Engineering Mechatronics Robotic Rehabilitation Human Mechanical Systems Mechanical Systems Wearable Technologies Optimization Artificial Intelligence Bio-signal Processing Biomedical Instrumentation Human Movement Neuromechanics & Neurophysiology Control Systems
Research Group Website: IDEA Lab
- AMTD Waterloo Global Talent Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Waterloo, 2022
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, 2021
- MSc, Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science & Technology, 2014
- BSc, Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science & Technology, 2012
- AMTD Waterloo Global Talent Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2021
- Honorary Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship, 2019
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship, 2018
- Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship, 2017
In general, I am interested in developing:
- Intelligent autonomous systems, specifically, robotic and wearable technologies for tele-assessment of human activity/health and tele-rehabilitation post-impairment.
- Heuristic and meta-heuristic optimization algorithms for solving large-scale optimization problems.
Please see the details of my research activities in our lab website: IDEA Lab
You find the list of my publications at: Google Scholar
Currently, there are a number of open positions for graduate students at the IDEA Lab. Please visit our website for more information.