Nathan Deisman, PhD
Pronouns: he / him / his
Area of Study / Keywords
Engineering Geotechnical Reservoir
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, practicing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Judo, doing mechanics on my 2005 Subaru and 85 Chevy C10, and DJing on a radio show I created in 2012 with current host Bhavesh.
My research interests include:
- numerical simulation of small and large scale THM projects
- numerical simulation of geotechnical & mining engineering projects (open pit, cave mining, fundamental rock and soil behaviours, etc)
- laboratory investigation of geotechnical, thermal, and flow behaviour of reservoir and surrounding materials for fluid recovery (hydrocarbons) or storage applications (CO2, CH4, H, etc)
- laboratory and numerical simulation of coal for coalseam reservoir engineering applications.
- numerical simulation and simulator development for coupled thermal-hydro-mechanical processes using CMG, Itasca, Paradigm, c++, etc.
- design, build, and operation of thermal-hydro-mechanical testing systems at the core scale
- design, build, and operation of downhole tools for oil-feild and CO2 storage applications
ENGG 130 4 terms
All Geotechnical Courses