Area of Study / Keywords
Sensing and Monitoring
I am hiring new MSc and PhD students for 2022 Winter and Fall.
- 2021.01 - Present, Assistant Professor, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- 2014.11 - 2016.06, Structural Engineer, SPS Technology, Ottawa, Canada
- 2020, Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- 2018, M.Sc., Computer Science, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, United States
- 2014, M.Sc., Structural Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- 2011, B.E., Civil Engineering, Huazhong Univeristy of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
In general, my research aims at increasing the sustainability and intelligence of the design, construction, and maintenance of infrastructure and buildings. It consists of three major components:
- Application of AI technologies for design automation.
- Application of computer vision and robotics to improve the safety and productivity of construction operations.
- Infrastructure and building condition assessment using the internet of things with public participation (Crowdsensing-based infrastructure and building health monitoring).