Valeri Frolov, PhD
MS(1970) Moscow State University, Russia;
PhD(1973) P.N. Lebedev Physical Institute, Russia;
Hon.D.Sc.(1984) P.N. Lebedev Physical Institute, Russia;
Professor (Leading Scientist) P.N. Lebedev Physical Institute, 1973-1992;
Professor (part time) Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, 1982-1992;
Visiting Professor, Copenhagen University, 1992-1993;
Professor, University of Alberta, Canada, 1993-present.
1. Classical and quantum gravity
2. Black hole physics
3. Gravitational physics in a spacetime with large extra dimensions
4. Hidden symmetries and higher dimensional black holes
5. Problem of black hole entropy
6. Models of a black hole's interior
7. Quantum field theory in a curved spacetime
8. Quantum effects in accelerated frames
9. Cosmological defects
10. Interaction of strings and branes with a black hole
11. Wormholes and time machine problem. Role of quantum effects.
Wave guides, radiating systems; special relativity, dynamics of relativistic particles and electromagnetic fields; radiation by moving charges; multiple fields. Additional special topics will be discussed.