Yuxiang Chen, PhD, P.Eng
Pronouns: he, him, his
Area of Study / Keywords
Building Engineering Energy Efficiency Design Operation Modeling Envelope Solar Buildings Design for Construction Energy And Environment
- PhD., Building Engineering, 2013, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- MASc, Building Engineering, 2008, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- BEng., Building Engineering, 2006, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Dr. Chen and his research team conduct research on high-performance buildings, such as net-zero energy (ready), focusing on performance modelling, modular design and prefabrication, utilization of renewable energy, and integrated intelligent design and operation.
Research Projects in Progress
- Modelling, design and operation of building-integrated thermal energy storage;
- Intelligent design and construction of masonry buildings;
- Advanced thermal modelling and calculation of effective thermal resistance;
- Design and data-driven modelling of hybrid heating systems;
- Energy-efficient community greenhouses for cold-climate regions;
- Adaptive system identification for predictive control;
- Integrated design and operation for room thermal conditioning, daylighting, and electric lighting.
Design and analysis of building systems for maintaining the indoor environment. Design of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems through load calculations, equipment selection and specification. Prerequisites: MEC E 340, 370 or 371.