Hossein Daneshvar, PhD, PEng, PE, PMP, LEED Green Associate
Pronouns: he, him, his
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering - Civil and Environmental Engineering Dept
6-308 Donadeo Innovation Centre For Engineering
9211-116 StEdmonton ABT6G 2H5
Currently seeking highly motivated M.Sc. and Ph.D. students to join our research group. Our projects focus on resilient structural systems, specifically hybrid timber-steel and timber-concrete structures.
For more details, please visit: https://sites.google.com/ualberta.ca/timber/team/current/hossein-daneshvar
- Design of structures for blast and progressive collapse
- Robustness and structural integrity of structures under extreme loading effects
- Performance-based seismic design of tall buildings
- Seismic performance evaluation of timber braced frames and CLT shear walls
- Timber-concrete composite and timber-steel hybrid systems
- Lateral load resisting systems of light wood Frames: shear walls and diaphragms
- Steel and mass timber component and system design
- Multi-hazard design approach of coastal infrastructures
- Sustainability and life cycle analysis
- Machine learning, data analytics, and software development
Introduction to limit states design, common framing systems, design loads, and load path evaluation. Behaviour and design of steel members and connections. Prerequisite: CIV E 372.
Detailed design of a structure which requires students, working in teams, to exercise creativity, to make design assumptions and to complete the structural design based on a synthesis of technical knowledge acquired in this and other structural engineering courses. Course lectures focus on seismic load calculation; design of concrete, reinforced masonry and timber elements; bridge design; and advanced structural steel design. Prerequisite: CIV E 474. Note: Restricted to fourth-year traditional and fifth-year co-op engineering students.