Miles Dyck, PhD, PAg
- Outstanding Reviewer Award - Vadose Zone Journal, and Canadian Journal of Soil Science (2020)
- NACTA Educator Award (2019)
- ASTech Award for Innovation in Agricultural Science, Alberta Science and Technology Leadership Foundation. Awarded to the Breton Plots Management Team (2015).
- ALES Teacher of the Year award, Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences (2011/2012)
- Chair of the Breton Plots Management Team
- Professional Agrologist, AIA
- member of Canadian Society of Soil Science, Soil Science Society of America, Canadian Geophysical Union
Long-term agroecological experiments, soil fertility, transport processes; transport of mass and energy in managed and reconstructed ecosystems.
Dr Dyck is a participant in the Land Reclamation International Graduate School (LRIGS) program sponsored by NSERC CREATE.
ENCS 299 - Special Topics in Field Skills and Their Application in the Environmental and Conservation Sciences
Focuses on specialized field skills, their application, and integration in different sub-disciplines of the environmental and conservation sciences. The course involves off-campus field experiences. A student is required to select a topic related to their major, but may take additional sections as part of their electives. Pre- or corequisite: REN R 290.