Harikrishna Rao Mohan Rao
Area of Study / Keywords
Advanced Alarm Systems Industrial Alarm Monitoring
Harikrishna Rao is a graduate student in the Advanced Alarm Management and Design Group, supervised by Dr. Tongwen Chen. He received his B.Tech degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Kerala in 2012. He has seven years of industrial experience in the fields of Process Control, Product Reliability, Alarm Monitoring, and Fault Detection in the utility-scale SOFC industry in the U.S.A, India, Japan, and South Korea. I follow and play Tennis (Roger Federer fan forever!).
Research Interests: Industrial Alarm Monitoring and Advanced Alarm systems.
During his tenure in the industry, Hari's work focused on Alarm Management and Fault Detection. He also holds two patent-approved invention disclosures classified as Trade-Secrets in the field of early detection and prediction (online implementation) of abnormality and component failures using process data.
- H. R. M. Rao, B. Zhou, T. Chen and S. L. Shah, Discovery of Alarm Correlations Based on Pattern Mining and Network Analysis, American Control Conference (ACC), 2022, pp. 2467-2472, Atlanta, USA, 8-10 Jun. 2022.
- FGSR Innovation Showcase (May 25, 2022) - Student and Postdoctoral Innovations from YEG Postsecondary Institutions
- Webinar entitled "Advances in Alarm Management Tools Developed at the University of Alberta" organized by Process Management & Control Special Interest Group, Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) on Oct 25, 2022.
- Teaching Assistant: ENGG 160 Introduction to Engineering Design, Communication, and Profession - Winter 2023 (Control System Architecture Design)
- Teaching Assistant (LEC): ECE 209 Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering - Fall 2022
- Teaching Assistant: ENGG 160 Introduction to Engineering Design, Communication, and Profession - Winter 2022 (Control System Architecture Design)
- Teaching Assistant (LEC): ECE 360 Control Systems I - Fall 2021
- Teaching Assistant (LEC): ECE 209A, ECE 209B Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering - Spring/Summer 2021
- Teaching Assistant (LEC): ECE 209 Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering - Winter 2021
At the University of Alberta, Hari has served in:
- University Appeal Board (UAB) 2022-'24
- International Students Advisory Council (ISAC), 2020-'21, 2021-'22, 2022-'23
- Office of the Registrar's Student Advisory Committee - (2022-'23)
- Dean of Students Advisory Committee (DAC), 2020-'21.
- Student Library Advisory Council (SLAC), 2020-'21, 2021-'22
- University of Alberta International Students' Association (UAISA) as the Vice President- Academic Affairs during 2021-2022.
He was also a member of the Hybrid Delivery Project Team at the Faculty of Engineering (Fall 2021).
Hari is an active member of the IEEE Technical Community on Learning Technology (TCLT)