Md Habibur Rahaman, B.Sc, M.Sc, M.Eng, PhD (Pursuing)
Grad Research Asst Fellowship, Faculty of Engineering - Electrical & Computer Engineering Dept
Grad Teaching Assistantship, Faculty of Engineering - Electrical & Computer Engineering Dept
- Open, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Area of Study / Keywords
Advanced Alarm Management Systems Industrial Alarm Monitoring Power and Renewable Energy Systems.
Habib is a graduate student who is currently working in the Advanced Alarm Management and Design (AAMD) research Group, supervised by Dr. Tongwen Chen at the University of Alberta. He received his B.Sc. & M.Sc. degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology (RUET), Bangladesh in 2012 and 2017 respectively. He also received another M.Eng (research mode) in Electrical Engineering from Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada in 2020. Furthermore, he worked as a lecturer at the various universities and power system Engineer at Dhaka Electrical Supply Company in Bangladesh. He has a total of four years of industrial experience in the fields of Power System Distribution, Control & Automation, SCADA, Alarm Monitoring, and Fault Diagnosis in Bangladesh and Canada.
- Alberta Graduate Excellent Scholarship (AGES) at the University of Alberta, 2022
- Doctoral recruitment scholarship at the University of Alberta, 2020
- The Fellow of The Graduate Studies award at Memorial University, 2020.
- 3@MT Thesis competition winner (3rd) at Memorial University, 2019, Canada.
- The University Gold Medal award at RUET, Bangladesh, 2016.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister's Gold Medal award, 2014.
- Best Student of the Year award (Dean's award-3 times), 2010-2012.
Habib's main research areas are Advanced Alarm Management Systems, and Industrial Alarm Monitoring. Currently, he is working on operator action modelling, recommendation system using industrial alarm data, fault detection and diagnosis via data driven approach. To explore his present and past research, please visit: https://ece.ruet.ac.bd/habib
- Teaching Assistant (Lab TA): ECE 209 Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering- Winter 2023
- Teaching Assistant (Lab TA) : ECE 330 Introduction to Power Engineering - Fall 2022
- Teaching Assistant (Lab TA) : ECE 210 Introduction to Digital Logic Design - Winter 2021
- Teaching Assistant (Lab TA) : ECE 220 Programming for Electrical Engineering - Winter 2020, Fall 2021
At the University of Alberta, Habib has served in:
- GSA Senator, 2021-2022
- Senate Honorary Degree Selection Committee, 2021-2022
- FGSR Council member, 2020-2022
- GSA Labour relation committee, 2021-2022
- FGSR Council (Academic Appeals Committee),2021-2022
- Faculty of Graduate Student and Research (FGSR)
- Graduate Student Association (GSA)
- Graduate Teaching (TA) and Research Assistantship (RA)
- Scholarships, Awards, and Financial Support
- Campus Resources under Vice-Provost and Dean of Students
- Helpful Resources for the students
- Prospective Student Resources